The DEM Earth Project is set to receive a major update, as tools4d paul evere posts that it will soon be able to ingest any type of height data and resolution into the next version. This means you’ll have even more ways than ever before for using your map-making skills!
This shows how, in the next version of DEM Earth, you will be able to directly embed any kind of height data, at any resolution, directly into DEM Earth, using the standard ASC format
The ASC (American Standard Climatic) format is the de-facto standard for height and terrain data. It’s also used in Earth Engine to integrate with other applications like ArcGIS Desktop, Google Maps API V3/4 or Sketchoxy Pro software that provide access your 3D models of land surfaces at varying resolutions depending on what you need them too – even down into microns!
Paul notes that embedding an ASC file has advantages over simply loading a static mesh, the most prevalent being its resolution independence. This allows for control of detail at any given time and makes it easier to optimize your models with less work needed in post-production!
DEM Earth is an amazing new tool that will generate dynamic Digital Elevation models right in Cinema 4D from a geographic coordinate. To learn more about DEM Earth, check out this website here!
You’ll never have to buy another map or referenced terrain again with DEM Earth. It retails for $284, but you’d be crazy not take advantage of this deal when there are only so many hours in a day!
- DEM Earth Generator – The main realtime landscape generator.
- PinPoint Object – Used for placing any 3D object on DEM Earth landscape with ability to dynamically scale and move with the landscape.
- Way Object – Generates ‘object to object’ splines, on the landscape to help you visualize connections.
- GeoReference Tag – Easily match images to the landscape in realtime using this very powerful image control tag
- GPX Importer – Drag and drop gpx files into C4D and DEM Earth will create a scene for you with your track overlayed on it.
- World File Import– drag and drop industry standard geographic World files into C4D and DEM Earth will create the landscape for you and overlay your image automatically.
- One Year Support – Includes one years support and gives you full access to the following features during the support period.
- Free updates – Get all new updates and features free.
- Image Downloader – Easily capture and georeference web-based images from a multitude of open sources.
- High Res 30m DEM server access – Access to 30m high res DEM data, for more detail in your terrain (where available).