In the world of motion graphics, why should you care about managing files when doing a project? I can’t tell you how many times in my past projects where one file was drastically different from another because they were created on entirely separate programs. This becomes especially tricky when trying to do something fancy with shapes and layers that require two apps like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop – which means even more work for yourself if need be!
In order not have this happen again during production so as not waste anyone else’s time by sending over multiple versions at once–a technique called “pushing up” between applications-follow these three steps:
Layers in After Effects can be a pain to arrange and work with, but it’s worth the effort because of how effective explode shapes layers are. Exploding your shape layer will streamline this tedious process so that you don’t have spend hours on something small when there is more important tasks at hand!
Do you deal with a lot of shape layers, or shape layers from Adobe Illustrator?
Thanks to Zack Lovatt’s Explode Shape Layers script, you can now split your shapes into individual layers and get an idea of what they’ll look like before applying effects. This is great for ensuring that each element has its own space on top so it will be easier to edit them later if needed!
Useful information about this helpful tool: “This new version 3 makes managing and editing shape layer much faster than ever before.”
Explode Shape Layers 3
Explode Shape Layers 3 is an amazing new feature that automatically converts all your vector layers in After Effects to a shape layer. Now you won’t have to go through the hassle of right clicking on each one and choosing “create shapes from vector layer.” This can save time, so if this sounds good for your projects please check out our latest update!
Explode Shape Layers version 3 has a new feature that helps avoid artifacts when converting Illustrator files. When exporting, if any of your layer’s opacity is less than 100% or they are outside the bounds of their frame then it will be removed during export so you don’t get annoying white space on top of your work!
New in v3.0
- Convert, convert a vector layer to a shape layer
- Remove Artboards, for use after converting a vector layer to a shape layer
- Select Fills & Select Strokes, for selecting all fills or strokes in the active comp
- New toolbar layout
- Responsive design! Resize the panel to fit your layout
- Show or hide any buttons you want
- Switch between graphic & text buttons
- Help text in options panel
Fixes & Updates
- Revised the way Merge & Explode work, with respect to ‘Use All‘ — see above!
- Updated headless modifier controls to implement new explode & merge features
- Added progress bars, so you can watch the magic happen!
- Merge now works with animated properties
- Major bug with Merge resulting in empty layers fixed!
- Many bug fixes and under-the-hood code tweaks
Pricing and Availability
Explode Shape Layers 3 can be found on AeScripts.com and is 20% off the price, until February 20, 2015, making it $23.99 ($29.99 regular). Check out Explode Shape Layers to learn more.