The Latest Release, Maya 2019 offers cached playback as a background process saving animators from playblast wait times.
Autodesk released Maya 2019, and one of the more significant features is their new cached playback engine. They are targeting animators with shorter wait times and fewer playblast generation to cut down on repetitive work for those who need it most – like you!
The cached playback system is a set it and forget type of thing. The caching works by evaluating data from the Maya scene on every frame, which results in faster speeds when playing back directly inside Viewport 2 without having to blast through files or waiting for renders that may take hours.
Chached Playback is like having an invisible cache of your animations that never need updating; all changes are seamless. You can see this in Maya’s timeline with new blue lines showing up for cached animation files, much as there would be red ones to indicate unstable or unfinished material if it existed anywhere else on disk!
Animation is a time-sucking, laborious process that leaves you with little creative control. Animoto gives artists and designers more power over their work by giving them the ability to create animations from scratch without any waiting around!
The output should be informational.
Autodesk Maya 2019 is Here
Featuring New Tools and Performance Enhancements for Faster Animation, Improved Working Environments, Higher Quality Previews and Improved Pipeline Integration
Autodesk has released their latest version of Maya, a 3D animation software that allows artists to create stunning visuals in an interactive environment. The update offers significant changes and added features for creators who want more control over how they work on projects.
Maya 2019 includes a number of updates to help artists work more efficiently. With faster animation playback, higher quality 3D previews with Autodesk Arnold updates in viewport 2.0 and improved pipeline integration it has become easier than ever for designers to tackle their projects using this software thatartists know well already!
“The more you can make the technology behave and get out of the artists’ way, the more they can keep their thought process fluid. With Cached Playback, animators can iterate more, and they totally love that.” – Christopher Moore, Technical Program Manager, Blue Sky Studios
“In this article I’ll tell you about the new features in Maya 2019. These give artists a more responsive working environment so that they can be creatively engaged and iterate faster with better quality.”
“We’re not looking to make it so our artists get more shots per week off their plate. We’re doing this so we can set the bar even higher for the quality of art we can produce.” – Hank Driskill, CTO, Blue Sky Studios
Key new Maya 2019 features include:
- Faster Animation: New cached playback increases animation playback speeds in viewport 2.0, giving animators a more interactive and responsive animating environment to produce better quality animations. It helps reduce the need to produce time-consuming playblasts to evaluate animation work, so animators can work faster.
- Higher Quality Previews Closer to Final Renders: Arnold upgrades improve real-time previews in viewport 2.0, allowing artists to preview higher quality results that are closer to the final Arnold render for better creativity and less wasted time.
- Faster Maya: New performance and stability upgrades help improve daily productivity in a range of areas that most artists will notice in their daily work.
- Refining Animation Data: New filters within the graph editor make it easier to work with motion capture data, including the Butterworth filter and the key reducer to help refine animation curves.
- Rigging Improvements: New updates help make the work of riggers and character TDs easier, including the ability to hide sets from the outliner to streamline scenes, improvements to the bake deformer tool and new methods for saving deformer weights to more easily script rig creation.
- Pipeline Integration Improvements: Development environment updates make it easier for pipeline and tool developers to create, customize and integrate into production pipelines.
- Help for Animators in Training: Sample rigged and animated characters, as well as motion capture samples, make it easier for students to learn and quickly get started animating.
Maya 2019 is now available as a standalone subscription or within the Autodesk Media & Entertainment Collection, with over 150 creative tools to help you create amazing content. For more information visit: https://www.autodesk.com/products/maya/.